Our True Heroes

Photo courtesy of https://community.rep-am.com/2020/05/06/happy-teacher-appreciation-week/

“Teachers encourage minds to think, hands to create, and hearts to love.”

Teaching, grading, creating.  All things that a teacher does. But what makes them so special? They love, they help, and they provide. 

Appreciation is the recognition and enjoyment of the qualities of someone; in this case, teachers. During Teacher Appreciation Week, we recognize all teachers who have spent time assisting students in becoming stronger academically. We recognize all teachers who have given words of wisdom to students to guide them through hard times. We recognize all teachers who have taught students allowing them to pursue a future in a career they hope to be successful in. 

All teachers, all grade levels, aids, nurses, and principals, the Roxbury Review says THANK YOU! Without the courage, patience, and love you have for teaching, we would never be able to have success in education. Especially at this, time as we are faced with the challenge of learning through a computer screen. Currently, the appreciation we have for you and the work you do is higher than ever. Consistently putting smiles on our faces through the screen, speaking inspirational words, and keeping us busy is something that only teachers can do. True heroes, true helpers, true inspirations. 

As a senior who is leaving high school, or virtually leaving, I would like to say my thanks to all of the teachers who have helped me become the person I am today. There are so many teachers that have shaped my character, made me love a subject, and made me stronger in my weaknesses. I will forever be grateful for the lessons I have learned and the confidence I have gained from having each one of my teachers. 

Here are some other quotes from graduating seniors who would like to show their appreciation!
“Thank you so much for all your support during this hard time! We appreciate the positivity and everything you do!” Fiona Sparano

“Thanks for continuing to go above and beyond during these times! We all appreciate all that you have done!” Emily Stanich

“Thank you for working so hard during these unprecedented times. We really appreciate your offering an open door to talk and being so patient with us. Your positive energy is contagious and we always will thank you for that!” Lauren Ernst

“Thanks so much for always putting your students first and working with them through these strange times. It means a lot!” Brianna Timpano

Thank you for going above all you have to do to help us over the past few years. The impact you had on us will last a lifetime!” Kelly Ernst

A special thank you goes out to our very own Mrs. Tartarilla who has guided the journalism class to becoming a journalism family. Each of us here in the Roxbury Review would not be here without you and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the love, creativity, and smiles you have provided us!

Thank you, teachers!