RHS Choir Presents Annual Broadway Night

Photo courtesy of Gaelvision.

Sam Medina, Arts and Entertainment Editor

The Annual Broadway Night is always a favorite night for Roxbury High School students and staff alike. During this event, skilled students are expected to perform songs from musicals that are or were once on Broadway. The participants must go through auditions to get into Broadway Night. These students are expected to have impressive performances, so that when the night finally, the audience is shocked by Roxbury’s skilled performers. 

Broadway Night has been a popular event at Roxbury High School for 16 plus years. It was put together by students who showed an interest in Broadway musicals and wanted to perform their favorite songs. The directors of Broadway Night let the students have complete control of what they want to perform. The impressive part about Broadway Night is not just the skilled performers, but the fact that these students were able to put together the songs and acts completely on their own. Sure the directors help students make their performance memorable, but this is a predominantly student-led event that the students of Roxbury High School put together. 

Students who enjoy singing and acting participate to have a good time, to share their passion with others, and to share their favorite musicals! Every year, new and old participants are welcomed into the Broadway Night cast. One such student is junior David Petrov. Petrov chose to participate for the first time this year but “regrets not doing it sooner.” He notes that this night consists of some of his favorite, things such as acting and singing. The lucky students who have an opportunity to participate in this event enjoy the freedom they get in choosing their songs and choreography.

The beloved event is enjoyable for students, families, and administrators who love seeing their friends, students, children, or siblings confidently singing and acting out their favorite songs. Broadway Night leaves the students, families, and administrators with pride for Roxbury High School and for the performances crafted by all of our skilled students!